[mythtv] [patch] Initial support for other databases than MySQL

David Härdeman david at 2gen.com
Fri Aug 27 19:08:07 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:25:59AM +0200, David Härdeman wrote:
>one of the top priorities on my MythTV wishlist is currently PostgreSQL
>support...so I've spent some time looking at the code trying to come up
>with a good, non-intrusive way of adding it.
>
>This patch is the first step in that direction.

I just realized that this patch needs some more work, please disregard
it for now.

Looking at libs/libmyth/oldsettings.cpp, its only used for getting the
settings out of the textfile necessary to connect to the database where
all other settings are.

My current idea would be to revamp oldsettings and turn it into a
private class of a small db wrapper class, does anyone object to this?

//David