[mythtv] Weird framerates on CVS with DVB

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Aug 23 02:23:02 EDT 2004

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 August 2004 08:25 pm, Andy McMullan wrote:
>>> if (frameheader.frametype == 'S')
>>> {
>>>     if (frameheader.comptype == 'A')
>>>     {
>>>         if (frameheader.timecode > 0 &&
> frameheader.timecode < 5500000)
>>>         {
>>> ===>        effdsp = frameheader.timecode;
>>>             m_parent->SetEffDsp(effdsp);
>>>         }
>>>    }
>>> }
>>
>> BTW Commenting out the m_parent->SetEffDsp line is enough to let me
>> watch my 'bad' recordings.
>
> Interesting.  Nothing that I'm aware of has changed in that code at
> all recently (or in the past year or so, even). =)  It shouldn't be
> tied to the avcodec changes, as audio for software recordings is
> completely internalized to myth.
>
> Isaac

I've been suspecting something like this for some time now but i haven't had
time to take a closer look at the mythtv code.
All nupplevideo nuv files that the first few frames is wierd in play back
realy choppy, this has been the case for some time now.

If i play it on windows with the filters i created they always play just
fine. The windows filters doesn't use the timecode in the audio sync packets
at all.

I'll do some testing on this.