[mythtv] problem compiling mfd

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Tue Aug 17 05:48:16 EDT 2004

> 	I know nothing about viaslice, but the main mythtv settings.pro file includes
> a library called ddmpeg if you enable viaslice. The mfd's build process knows
> nothing about this library.
>
> 	Easiest thing is probably to turn off mythlib support when building the mfd
> (./configure --disable-mythlib), but that will also disable a bunch of other
> things.
>
> 	You could try changing the line in mfd.pro that reads:
>
> 		LIBS += -Wl,-rpath,$${PREFIX}/lib
>
> 	to:
>
> 		LIBS += -Wl,-rpath,$${PREFIX}/lib -lddmpeg

I tried with -lddmpeg, -libddmpeg and -libddmpeg.so but it still won't
compile.

If I use --disable-mythlib it bails out on this :

g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -g -DMFD_DEBUG_BUILD -D_REENTRANT  -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/default -I. -I../mfdlib -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/lib/qt/include -o dbcheck.o dbcheck.cpp
dbcheck.cpp: In function `void performActualUpdate(const QString*, QString,
    QString&)':
dbcheck.cpp:29: error: `VB_ALL' undeclared (first use this function)
dbcheck.cpp:29: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
    each function it appears in.)
dbcheck.cpp:30: error: `VERBOSE' undeclared (first use this function)
dbcheck.cpp: In function `void UpgradeMusicDatabaseSchema()':
dbcheck.cpp:55: error: `VERBOSE' undeclared (first use this function)
make[1]: *** [dbcheck.o] Error 1