[mythtv] Suggestion for ATRPMS

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Aug 17 00:09:58 EDT 2004

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 07:12:25PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>>I'd be nice if there was a mythtv-devel package we could apt-get that
>>would include all the development prerequisites (flac-devel, etc.) to
>>build mythtv and all the modules.  The production packages are a
>>wonderful tool and I think this would be a great addition.
>On Debian you can "apt-get build-dep mythtv", btw.
I was refering to the development libraries needed to build from
source.   I do already use the apt-get method of getting the mythtv
releases.  It just happened that I was bringing up a new frontend
tonight, had to build from CVS to match my backend, and ended up having
to apt-get a whole bunch of headers and things (like flac-devel, libid3,
etc) needed to compile the various modules and thought it would be nice
to have a single package to get (like myth-suite does) which grabs all
the other things I need without having to remember each of them...