[mythtv] DVB Stability problems with watching live TV

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Mon Aug 9 18:54:52 EDT 2004

I'm in Sydney too, using a VisionPlus card and MythTV 0.15.1. I'm not
experiencing the same problems, although I do get the occasional
frontend or backend crash.

One thing that reduced the amount of 'corruption' (i.e. pops, squeaks,
and pixilation) for me was changing my antenna flylead for a quad-shield
RG6 cable. Apparently that has a significant effect on signal strength
(which I can't confirm, as I have DVB error stats disabled, as that was
causing crashes.) I have heard that the VisionPlus cards are
particularly sensitive to poor signals.

Cheers,

Jon