[mythtv] experimental xvmc effeciency patch

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Thu Aug 5 13:16:51 EDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Thomas M. Pluth wrote:
]Your xvmc-efficiency patches don't line up with current CVS.  Is this still

Yep, there are some good things in that patch, but some bad. It mostly
just runs faster, but it also fixes some bugs. Unfortunately, it has
regressed since I last worked on it, and no longer helps fix the OSD
problem for me. But I think this may have something to do with the new
vsync. When I have time I'm going to break it up and see where things go
wrong. I might actually try to submit most of it to the ffmpeg folks.

For now, I recommend just not using that patch. I'll make some new
patches after SIGGRAPH that should be safe to apply.

-- Daniel