[mythtv] How do I use the UIManagedTreeListType widget?

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Aug 4 15:42:50 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 13:06, Morten wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to experiment a bit with the UIManagedTreeListType widget, but
> can't get it to work. :-(
>
> Does anybody have a clue on how to use it, or at least tell me where to
> find the DOCUMENTATION (not much in the source code)?!

	Two ways to answer this.

	1) You build the tree you want out of GenericTree objects, and pass that to
the UIManagedTreeListType.

	2) Don't. Part of Isaac's motivation for the new UI stuff is that the
UIManagedTreeList thing is not very well designed or implemented (obvioudly
written by a complete idiot).

	If you want to learn how to build dialogs and widgets that will work with
Myth going forward, then check out the latest mythui cvs stuff.

> Anybody who can explain how to draw a simple TreeView with a few subnodes
> like this:
>
> + A top node
> - Another top node
>   + A subnode
>   + Another subnode

	Make a tree of GenericTree objects, and pass it.

> And what's the story about those "bins" in the *****-ui.xml
> file?

	Almost all Myth dialogs have two bins where ManagedTreeList's are used. You
can make that 3, 4, etc bins just by changing the xml.

- thor