[mythtv] Mythmusic, Mythvideo Feature Request

Ryan Kather rkather at brandon.k12.mi.us
Wed Aug 4 15:16:19 EDT 2004

Greetings everyone,  I'm new to this list, but I'd like to start by
saying that Mythtv is great.  Easily the best PVR sweet for Linux.
Having said that I have a feature request (well it's more of a
suggestion really).

I think that Mythmusic and Mythvideo should merge to Mythmedia.  I
thought of this because i like to watch music videos mixed in with my
music library.  I was thinking why shouldn't the music player be able to
do this.  Then the more I thought about it if it had the right sorting
features there really isn't a need to separate like that.  You can keep
IMDB and CDDB lookups and everything.

Also I don't know if any of you have checked out XBOX Media Center
lately, but that has a lot of nicities that I think myth could use, such
as video file stacking, internet radio streams, etc.. (myth may already
do some of this so correct me if I am unaware of that).  Thanks for your
time in reading this and consideration of the points I have raised.
Keep up the great work.

                                                  Ryan