[mythtv] Need help for new videoout

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Aug 2 21:42:11 EDT 2004

	Frontend on Mac OS X, backend on Linux. I have applied
all the endianness patches I can find. (was surprised that
they were not already in CVS)

	I have coded a preliminary videoout_quartz.cpp which
requests FMT_RGB24 or FMT_ARGB32, and whose ProcessFrame()
does a hacky memcpy to the frame buffer. It currently gives
me an interesting tiled effect:
|               |               |               |               |
|               |               |               |               |
|               |               |               |               |
|               |               |               |               |
|_______________|_______________|_______________|_______________|
|       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |
|_______|_______|_______|_______|_______|_______|_______|_______|
|       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |

where each box has a mostly B&W rep. of the image,
and the bottom 16 are vertically squished and white.

	So, apart from the obvious (use the source, Luke),
are there any guidelines for developing a new videoout?
e.g. What should PrepareFrame(), ProcessFrame() and Show() really do?
      If I request FMT_NONE will it give me a "best match" format?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Gentlemen,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  you can't fight in here