[mythtv] Building mythbackend without Qt

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Apr 27 20:26:37 EDT 2004

> Qt does a _lot_ more than draw things on the screen.

	So I learnt. I am trying to build now with Qt/Embedded.
What I would really like is a version of Qt that has none
of the drawing stuff at all. (maybe just output to STDERR
if any of the drawing methods/functions are called).

>> 	Short of re-engineering all the storage class usage,
>> I am definately stuck with Qt, right?
>
> Yes.  Is there some reason you are trying to avoid
> installing the X and Qt development libraries?

	Disk space, compilation time.

	I was starting with an empty Gentoo system.
When you do an emerge mythtv, the list of 100s of packages
(OK - slight exaggeration there) required just seems to be
such a waste, especially when I will not be using the
Xserver or any of its programs or fonts on this machine.

	I just want a command-line server as the backend.
The frontend has the burden of all this extra stuff.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "People say I'm strange, does it
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |        make me a stranger?