[mythtv] Strange EPG behavior

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sun Apr 25 13:34:48 EDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 08:30:06AM -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Steffen Immle wrote:
> >didn't have time to look into this. Besides, it's not a major thing
> >for me, 'cause I rarely watch live TV anyway. Btw, what does the EPG
> >do differently than the other OSDs when fading away?

I missed the beginning of this thread so I assume you're referring to
lock ups using the EPG in live TV.  This is caused by Myth feeding
mpeg data to the decoder via DMA and X writing directly into the
decodeds OSD memory and the decoded doesn't like it.  YOu can use

You can use Matthias Badaire's ivtvdev X module to fix this.  It sends
the X dispaly to the decoder using normal OSD DMA.  You can find it at

> Right there is a big part of your problem. 0.1.10pre2 is a step
> backwards in stability and usability for ivtv.

If you're using 0.1.10pre2, you should really use Chris Kennedy's ck06
or ck07 patches.  Everything after that is pretty experimental.

David Engel
gigem at comcast.net