[mythtv] Submitting theme changes

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 09:37:01 EDT 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 00:46, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> How are theme changes handled?  While I could submit patches against
> G.A.N.T and blue, some like Visor aren't in CVS that I can see.  Is
> there any way those could be added so at least all the themes for
> download from the website are in CVS?
>
> I'd like to submit some patches adding things like duration to the
> Watch Recordings screen so people can easily see if a show was fully
> recorded but I'm reluctant to do so if I'm only patching a portion of
> the themes leaving a gap between what some people might see and
> others...

G.A.N.T. and blue are the only themes that are officially supported and
guaranteed to work in CVS.  The developers take it upon themselves to
update these two themes whenever other changes within Myth require it.
Maintaining too many themes in the official repository would end up
being an unnecessary drain on the developers.

Any other themes (PurpleGalaxy, Visor, etc) are maintained by other
people (usually the author), and are usually only updated when there is
a stable release (and even then, not always).  Because of this, I'd
venture to say that most people running CVS are using G.A.N.T. or blue.

Best thing to do would be to submit a patch to the list for G.A.N.T. and
blue.  If you're interested in patching other themes, you can submit
patches to the author(s), or you can hope that they'll incorporate the
changes from one of the official themes when 0.15 comes out.

-JAC