[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 20:58:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 09:15:01AM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     David> OK, then quit complaining and make a concrete proposal (or
>     David> better yet, a patch) to do this.  Please make sure it
>     David> handles upgrading and backwards and forwards compatibility.
>
> Like I proposed earlier (although I may not have time to do it),
> create a new "station" table. To do this and maintain compatibility,
> how about the following?

How are mythweb, mythfilldatabase, the scheduler or anything else
which uses the channel table affected?

Is the program table changed?  Assuming you now have unique
stationids, wouldn't it make sense tie programs to stations instead of
channels?

What is a user supposed to do if their grabber sets up two channels to
different stations when they are really the same station?  What
happens to their existing record entries?

What is a user supposed to do if their channels get changed and their
grabber creates new stationids because it doesn't or can't tell the
difference between inserts, deletes and moves?  What happens to their
existing record entries?

I'm not picking on you.  Rather, I'm trying to point out that there is
a lot more to consider, especially with xmltv grabbers that don't
provide everything we would like.

David
--
David Engel