[mythtv] MPEG2 IDCT acceleration

Brad Corrion bcorrion at web-co.com
Tue Apr 20 11:59:31 EDT 2004

Daniel,

I gave the patches a run last night and am impressed.  I'm now using XvMC
100% thanks to the patches.  My system is a 2.6 Ghz HT P4, w/ GF 440 MX.
I almost bailed on them, but then I turned off b-frame skipping, and all
is well.  I played with the sliders and couldn't find a setting that
eliminated stuttering on my CBS and PBS stations.  When I turned b-frame
skipping off, I only have stuttering at the beginning of recordings, when
the OSD is fading, and after a pause.  Once the system levels out, the
playback is nice.

Thanks,
Brad