[mythtv] Watch/Delete Recordings

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Tue Apr 20 09:44:38 EDT 2004

In my reaction to this email I referred to SELECT as well (although I
did put a (MENU?) somewhere)  but I meant teh MENU button as well. I
agree with you completely that SELECT should perform a context related
default action while MENU should show a choice of actions.

> >There are other keybindings
> >for the choices (for quick action) and an option in the
> setup to control
> >whether the SELECT key brings up the menu or it defaults to
> a particular
> >choice.  I think this gives us the most flexibility as well
> as explicitly
> >showing the new user all the choices available to them
> instead of expecting
> >them to hunt/find them.
> >

> If we're consistent in that:
> 1)  Select performs the default action.
> 2)  Menu presents you with a list of additional choices (if any).
>
> The new user doesn't have to hunt, and you don't make press
> more buttons
> than necessary.

Exactly, it's that level of consistency that I think would make Myth
even greater than it already is :-)

-Tako