[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 14:41:55 EDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:44:33PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> David Engel wrote:
> >I've added this to my todo list.  Here is what I propose to do.
>
> Now where have *you* been. You should have swooped in as good

Too busy watching hockey.

> One thought is maybe have settings options for short name
> and long name each with a spinbox to choose number, callsign,
> number + callsign, name, or number + name.

I can do that too.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:48:34AM +0200, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> I had been thinking something similar reading his message, although I
> still think we shouldn't use callsign for display purposes in any
> situation.

Why not?  Some of us are used to seeing/using callsigns or other
acronyms for stations.  You wouldn't be force to see them if you
didn't want to.

> If it's a database key let it not be used for display
> purposes because there will be people who will want to change it.

Program titles are also used as database keys in some places.  Should
we prevent the user from seeing those too?

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net