[mythtv] [PATCH] Internal DataDirect grabber functionality
david at shay.net
Sat Apr 17 17:19:48 EDT 2004
Here's the patch. Please try it out and let me know if there are issues. A
couple of key points:
* It is kind of slow in doing the XML parsing. I switched from DOM to SAX
parsing because when doing a "full grab" it used WAY to much memory. I could
easily switch this over to xerces or libxml and it would be MUCH faster. Is
this worth it (dependency on a new lib vs. speed...)
* New videosource editing screen for entering userid and password for
datadirect. Certificate code for signup was posted to list earlier (Isaac's
code). Note that a videosource is tied to <one> specific lineup to remain
consistent with the rest of the database.
* Many database changes to support this. Those worthy of note:
* Added userid and password to videosource. That would enable you to use
multiple userids if the datadirect limitation is too much (3 lineups per
* Added stationid field to channel. This stores the datadirect unique
station id. Much discussion on this point. I just chose to add a new field
rather than overloading xmltvid just in case.
* Added new fields to program that are now available in datadirect. Two
that could really help are programid and seriesid. Program ID is a unique
program identifier that could be used instead of name concatenation. Series
ID uniquely identifies the series. No display of this info yet.
* Added new "programgenres" table to store all categories associated with a
program. No display of this info yet.
* Changed index on "credits" to include role since one person might have
more than one role per show.
* Changed index on people to make the name field unique.
* Added new option to mythfilldatabase to grab all available data --
"--dd-grab-all". Using this, it grabs all data, otherwise it works like the
Here's the patch -- it includes some new files to add to the tree as well:
datadirect.h and datadirect.cpp -- go in libs/libmyth
mythtv_grab_dd -- goes in programs/mythfilldatabase -- interim external script
to grab data -- will migrate to a wget call when I get a chance.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13080 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/attachments/20040417/a327b14a/ddfinal.tar.bin
More information about the mythtv-dev