[mythtv] [patch] dvb cam fixes

Daniel Sangenberg daniel at sangenberg.se
Wed Apr 14 07:42:20 EDT 2004

Anders Hanson wrote:
> I have a similar problem.
>
> My problem is that sometimes when I switch channel the CAM is
> reporting "No Right" and the
> channel is not decrypted. The only solution to this problem is to
> restart mythbackend.
> I think that the correct thing to do if the CAM reports "No Right" is
> to reset the CAM or
> to retune to the last channel.

If you wait about 10 minutes when this happens it will reset the cam slot
and start to decrypt again but after 2-3 channel changes you are back at the
beginning again with the "No Right" problem.

> In the end I think that the dvb menu has to be show as a osd meny in
> the frontend soo that
> the viewer can make a choice.

MythTV already selects the first and only menuitem when this happens so this
wont't fix this problem.

--
Daniel

> Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

>>> I will send you the -v channel,record version tomorrow since im way
>>> to tired right now :)
>>>
>>> But i can give you the rest of the info now.
>>>
>>> This is where it loops
>>>
>>> Adding CA Descriptor (CASID=0500, CAPID=E304)
>>> 2004-04-08 04:15:37 DVB#0 CAM - Sending PMT to slot 1.
>>> CloseSession 00000005
>>> OpenSession 00400041
>>> New MMI (session id 5)
>>> 5: <== Display Control
>>> 5: ==> Display Reply
>>> 5: <== Menu Last
>>> 5: <== Text Last 'Viaccess Module'
>>> 5: <== Text Last ''
>>> 5: <== Text Last 'OK to return to the Main menu'