[mythtv] DVB failure followed by segmentation fault

Chris Edwards chris at chris-edwards.org
Sat Apr 10 21:51:16 EDT 2004

* Brian May (bam at snoopy.apana.org.au) wrote:
> I am not sure what is going on here...
>
> First the DVB fails, and then mythbackend segfaults. Mythbackend
> shouldn't segfault, I consider this to be a bug.

I had a similar problem. My solution was to fix up the entries in the
startchan column in the cardinput table of the database. They had been
reset to 3, which isn't a channel for me, hence DVB failing and not
finding any pids. I haven't had a problem since, but I'm not sure what
caused the problem in the first place, except it happened after updating
to the latest CVS.

Hope that helps

Chris