[mythtv] Feature Proposal, pitch-corrected fast play

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Tue Sep 30 18:16:23 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:40:28PM +0100, Edward Wildgoose wrote:
> As an aside, would there be any objections to making the trick-play
> effect the default for normal fast forward / Rewind?  I assume there
> could be a CPU load objection perhaps?  Seems that it would be
> extremely cool have normal fast/rewind work as a preset high speed
> trick play mode? (rather than the frame jump mode at present)

I considered doing something like this when I did the trick play patch
but didn't because of a couple reasons.  First, the forward/rewind and
fast/slow motion functions really serve different purposes (jumping
around vs. watching at a different speed).  Second, as you noted, fast
motion puts a heavy load on the CPU because it processes every frame
and isn't suitable for higher speeds.

FWIW, I have toyed around a little with trying to improve the current
forward/rewind support but haven't come up with anything worth posting
yet.

David
--
David Engel