[mythtv] Re:Recurring Manual Recordings

Brett tamntm2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 17:14:44 EDT 2003

>Hopefully my mail client won't munge this too bad.
>
>//
>// Tell mythfrontend that something has changed
>//
>$alreadyThere = mysql_query("select value from
>settings where value =
>\"RecordChanged\"");
>if(mysql_num_rows($alreadyThere) < 1)
>{
>mysql_query("insert into settings (value,data) values
>(\"RecordChanged\",\"yes\")");
>}
>else
>{
>mysql_query("update settings set data = \"yes\" where
>value =
>\"RecordChanged\"");
>}

Thanks, this did the trick, almost...

The duplicate recording avoidance was tripping me up
with this even after using the RecordChanged setting.
In case anyone else wants to do something like this,
you have to watch out for a cron job that sticks the
same title, subtitle, and description in the tables,
as any after the first will be ignored as duplicates.

I changed my script to add the start date and time at
the end of the description, but it looks like you
could also avoid this by leaving one of the three
fields blank.

Brett