[mythtv] Live TV is slow

Ian Westcott ijw1 at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 26 12:22:06 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 08:33:26AM -0500, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> >Just compiled the newest CVS and after trying, Live TV is slow. Audio is
> >too slow (people sound like a robots), but it is in sinc with the video,
> >so I assume everything got slowed down.
>
> I discovered the same thing with my PVR-250 machine.  Fix: go into the

I've got the same problem. No matter what I do, mythtv wants to use use
32000Hz sound instead of 48000Hz. I'm not sure why. I've combed through
the SQL and everything seems set to 48kHz.

> Recording Profiles setup in Setup, then alter the PVR-250 profiles for
> Default and Live TV.  Ensure that you change the Codec type to MPEG-2,

I wish I could, but I seem to have lost the ability to have profiles in
the first place. All my profiles screens are blank (There are are no
Default or Live TV sections), so I can't edit them.

Ian