[mythtv] "Allow recording even if duplicate episode" is ignored?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 17:35:03 EDT 2003

I'd actually thought about that myself... adding the option to toggle each
of the 3 fields (title, subtitle, description) on/off for duplicate
determination.  I'd like to add it to the Advanced Recording screen, so you
could select the duplicate criteria on a per-recording basis.  But that
screen is pretty full, and I didn't feel like monkeying with the layout or
adding another page.  Shouldn't really be too hard, though.  The other end
of it would be modifying the SQL query (queries?) that finds programs to
record & determines duplicates; I'd like someone a little more well-versed
in SQL to take a look at that.  Overall, though, it should be very doable.

-JAC