[mythtv] Re:Recurring Manual Recordings

a a tamntm2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 23:34:17 EDT 2003

>> If I want to build a little perl script to be
called
>> from a crontab to insert the program daily (in leu
of
>> this capability), is it sufficient to insert a row
>> into the record and program tables? Or do I also
need
>> to stick something in other tables as well?
>>

>iirc, program & record....

Is there anything that needs to be kicked in order for
rows I manually inserted into program and record to be
handled by mythbackend?  I'm not able to get this cron
script to consistently work.  It seems like if the
rows are inserted and mythbackend is not touched, then
it misses the recording... but I'm still trying to
track down the exact circumstances.

Am I out to lunch to think that something has to be
notified in order for the table to be scanned again?
If so, is there a good way to do it from a cron
script?

Thanks,

Brett