[mythtv] DVBChannel ERROR: Checkchannel could not verify channel!

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 22 21:51:53 EDT 2003

(Appologies if this gets onto the list more than once, but I don't seem to see my mails getting through)

Dear listers,

I am having a problem getting my mythbackend to work correctly as I get
"DVBChannel ERROR: Checkchannel could not verify channel!" when I start
it up. I know my DVB card is operating correctly as I can watch it using
dvbstream and mplayer.

>From what i can gather from the mailing list archive I have got
everything correctly index. However when I run mythbackend I get :-

# mythbackend -v
Starting up as the master server.
DVBChannel: Changing to channel 3 on card 0
DVBChannel ERROR: Checkchannel could not verify channel!
2003-09-21 15:27:37 Verbose mode activated.

This to me suggests that the link between channels and channels_dvb is
not correct.

I think when Myth starts up it selects channel 3. I think this is the
channum in the channels table. This, in my database, would then give
1015 from the chanid. Myth can then use this in the channels_dvb table
to find out the tuning information. Is this correct ?

Everything looks right to me, I just can't think what could be wrong. I
did look at the database permissions in case that might have been the
problem, but everything looks sound to me.

Please can someone have a look over my database ( http://n-e-m.net/Myth/DBOutput.zip ) and see if
you think everything looks correct. Also any other suggestions ??

Regards,

Darren
--
Darren <Sharman at technologist.com>