[mythtv] Re: Re:Shutdown option on main menu patch...

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Sep 20 15:24:46 EDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:02:22 +0200, "Oscar Carlsson
oscar.carlsson-at-home.se |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<hbe6hkjonj0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> Hello Bruno,
>
> Saturday, September 20, 2003, 8:35:19 PM, you wrote:
>
> BDR> Em Sábado, 20 de Setembro de 2003 18:30, o Chris Pinkham escreveu:
> >> Why do we need an extra button cluttering up the screen when we can just
> >> set plain ESCape to popup the shutdown menu since ESC is used to get out
> >> of every other screen in Myth.
>
> BDR> because when your system is slow and you press repetidly esc in your
> remote,
> BDR> you'll get out of myth ;)
>
> Noo.  If  you  press ESC on the "Do you want to quit" screen, you'll get
> back to
> the main menu.
How about just changing the default to 'Esc'.  Or what about not doing
anything.   If someone wants the default to be 'Esc' it is easy to
change.  For me, my box is only for Myth.  The Tivo doesn't have a 'Quit
Tivo' button, and I don't need one either (and for debugging Alt-Esc is
useful, so it's not like I want to diable the quit altogether).

.Geoff