[mythtv] Transcoding Status

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 18 08:36:52 EDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:39:49 -0700, "Todd Greene tngreene-at-pacbell.net
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <jg7lhled8b0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> In the "transcoding" table, there is a status column that has values (on
> my
> system) of "1", "27", "52" and "17".  The line in mythtranscode that
> inserts
> the data into the table (line 275) is:
> .arg(status | (useCutlist) ? TRANSCODE_USE_CUTLIST : 0)
The 'status' column is kinda weird.  the lower 4 bits are treated as an
integer indicating status, the upper 4 bits are flags indicating what
should be done.

'USE_CUTLIST' means that we should process the commerical skip table.

if you look at programinfo.h, you'll see:
enum TranscoderStatus {
    TRANSCODE_QUEUED      = 0x01,
    TRANSCODE_RETRY       = 0x02,
    TRANSCODE_FAILED      = 0x03,
    TRANSCODE_LAUNCHED    = 0x04,
    TRANSCODE_STARTED     = 0x05,
    TRANSCODE_FINISHED    = 0x06,
    TRANSCODE_USE_CUTLIST = 0x10,
    TRANSCODE_STOP        = 0x20,
    TRANSCODE_FLAGS       = 0xF0
};
so '1' indicates an automatically queued program (that hasn't started
yet), 27 is not a legal value, 52 indicated that the transcoder was
launched, but it should abort immediately, and 17 indicates a manually
specified transcode (user hit 'X'), which hasn't started yet.

Hopefully you'll never hit the line you specified, since it only happens
if you manually run mythtranscdoe with the '-d' switch on something that
was never scheduled by mythbackend.

That line has a bug, since order of operations will result in a bogus
value, however, it won't matter, unless you stop and restart the
transcoder after doing so.  In other words, the chance of that bug biting
you should be very small, and even if it does, it won't cause any real
issues (just enables commercial cutting for the transcode)

Isaac, can you change line 267 in mythtranscode/main.cpp to be:
.arg(status | ((useCutlist) ? TRANSCODE_USE_CUTLIST : 0))

thanks,
.Geoff