[mythtv] Documentation for developers?

Tobias Blomberg blomman at ludd.luth.se
Thu Sep 18 10:13:58 EDT 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 08.20, thor wrote:
> > I know I can always look through the code, but I'm hoping for
> > some real documentation.
>
> 	Looking through the code *is* real documentation. Most of the libraries
> and almost all of the sub-modules are well documented with internal
> comments.

Partly truth, partly myth :-)   There is no need to document each function in
a separate document, unless it's automatic in some way. Have you thought of
Doxygen ?  I think you can get really nice documentation out of it and there
is not much extra work involved. An overview would be nice to have though.
But... I know... documentation is soooo boooring to write :-)

In case someone has not seen the kind of output Doxygen generates, have a look
at an application written by me:

http://www.ludd.luth.se/~blomman/svxlink/doc/async/html/index.html
http://www.ludd.luth.se/~blomman/svxlink/doc/echolib/html/index.html

Best regards,