[mythtv] audio ioctl() resets audio_samplerate and mythbacked dies

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Wed Sep 17 04:40:03 EDT 2003

After some digging, it turns out that my mp3 compression is failing
because this call (in NuppleVideoRecorder::AudioInit())

            ioctl(afd, SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED, &audio_samplerate)

changes my audio_sample rate from anything it was set at to 31627.

this is not a happy audio_samplerate for lame, and mythbacked dies
as a result.  Does anyone know anything about this, before I start
digging into the OSS drivers (I'm using OSS because it's more stable for
me than the ALSA ones).  I'm running on a pundit, btw..

Reza