[mythtv] Recurring Manual Recordings

a a tamntm2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 21:21:41 EDT 2003

If I am reading the archives correctly, there is no
way to insert a recurring manual recording, such as
"Every Monday from 5:50 until 6:00". Is this true?

If I want to build a little perl script to be called
from a crontab to insert the program daily (in leu of
this capability), is it sufficient to insert a row
into the record and program tables? Or do I also need
to  stick something in other tables as well?

I tried inserting a row in the record and the program
tables, but it doesn't record for me.  Is there
someplace else that I'm missing?  As far as I can
tell, all of the columns look like a manual recording
inserted via the GUI, but it doesn't record.

Thanks,

Brett