[mythtv] [Preliminary patch[ Add profile groups

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Sep 12 14:55:21 EDT 2003

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:57:14 -0400, "Matt Zimmerman mdz-at-debian.org
> |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <n4n4hbjjnh0t at sneakemail.com> said:
>
>>I don't know if mythtv runs under valgrind
>>right now, but it'd be worth a try.  It has the advantage of being able
>>stop the program exactly where the error is.
>

> It does indeed, and it seems to be a problem in themed menu (or something
> related to it).
>
> First off, I get a fault whenever I select 'Setup' from the Main
> mythfrontend menu.  The bt looks like:
> 1  0x000038e6 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
> #2  0x08367ddc in ThemedMenu::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*) (this=0x43c551e0,
>     e=0xbfffe0c0) at qrect.h:176
>         handled = 114
>         lastbutton = (ThemedButton *) 0x776e2d20
>         oldrow = -1073749616

There was a problem similar to this in mythweather where a
variable was created as equal to curCity but curCity was never
initialized. It should have been 0 but was negative one billion.
Explicitly initializing curCity fixed the segfault.

It could be that "int oldrow = currentrow;" happens before
currentrow has been set.

--  bjm