[mythtv] Re:Channel change speed

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Fri Sep 12 12:56:55 EDT 2003

At 01:49 PM 9/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>A Sex, 2003-09-12 ās 09:10, Edward Wildgoose escreveu:
>> > Just fyi, it takes 2 seconds for me to change channels and I am not
>> > using an external program to change channels. I havn't bother tracking
>>
>> What FS do you use?
>
>ext3 -o nodev,nosuid,noatime

I just switched my store from ext3 to reiserfs, and I like the change!
Channel changing time is significantly faster, and deleting recordings is
much faster too.

Maybe this should be put in the documentation somewhere.  I remember
researching which filesystem to use at the time I was setting up my MythTV
machine, and I couldn't find any definitive answer as to which would be
better in the case of a PVR.

-WD