[mythtv] Re:Channel change speed

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Fri Sep 12 11:04:49 EDT 2003

Bryan,

If you run your channel change script from the command line, using xawtv or
something else to view the output (so as to avoid any time-shifted delay
from Myth), how long does it take to change the box? I'm using Directv,
serial, and the http://tarek.2y.net/myth/sony.pl (on a RCA box, go figure),
and it's instant.  So you may not need to speed up the script at all.

I'm not sure what capture card you're using, but if it's a pvr-250 I was
able to set that up using VLS (videolan server) to stream from the card, but
I think xawtv can work also if you output the raw stream and not mpeg2.

- Willy