[mythtv] [Preliminary patch[ Add profile groups

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:48:05 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:14:51 -0700, "Bruce Markey bjm-at-lvcm.com
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <2obvhk58d70t at sneakemail.com> said:
> Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> > Implementing Isaac's sugestion basically solved all of the issues I
> > initially listed.  There are only two things left to do: (1)  I seem to
> > have a race in generating the GUI.  It is pretty reproducable, whenever I
> > create a new profile-group (actually it seems to happen mostly when
> > editing a non-default program-group.  I have no idea what is going on and
> > gdb is very unhelpful:
>
> I tried creating and modifying new groups several times and
> haven't had a segfault yet. Of course, this is from this
> morning's patch. As long as I have a test env set up, if you
> could post a current diff I could try to reproduce this.
I figured out what was causing it (though not why).  It seems that doing
a profilegroup->setName before launching the edit window isn't allowed.
I have no idea why not, but I can get around this in all cases except
where we create a new profile.  So if you create a bunch of new profile
groups, it will eventually cause the forntend to crash.  Since I don't
have the faintest idea what this is doing (I just copied the code from
recordingprofiles.cpp), I'm going to leave it like it is for now.  Maybe
I'll continue trying to track it down later.

.Geoff