[mythtv] [Preliminary patch[ Add profile groups

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:30:30 EDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:50:22 -0400, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> No, I'm saying that I don't see a need to have to assign individual
> capture
> cards to the profiles at all (either manually or programmatically).  I
> mean,
> the recorder class knows what kind of card it is, the profiles can know
> what
> kind of cards they handle, why can't the recorder class select the
> profile
> automatically at record time?  Much less prone to user-error that way..
> You
> figure that not _that_ many people will be creating multiple extra
> profiles,
> and I think that having a hostname override for that would be more than
> enough granularity, no need to drop down to the individual capture card
> level.
Okay, I see what you are saying now, and I can do that.  The override
would be per host AND card-type.  So when you create a new profile-group,
you will specify which type of profile it is (Software, MPEG2, MJPEG),
and which host to use it on.
The only thing you can't do is have two bttv cards in the same computer
and have different settings for each one, and I agree, that isn't likely
to come up often.

.Geoff