[mythtv] Channel change speed

jasonmiller at micron.com jasonmiller at micron.com
Wed Sep 10 14:38:56 EDT 2003

> From: Reza Naima [mailto:reza at reza.net]
>
> would it be possible to _not_ tear down the ringbuffer and just issue the
> change channel command instead.  perhaps jump to just before the head of
> the ringbuffer before changing the channel.  It just means you can back up
> the view something on the previous channel...

Which would actually be a nice feature that I think may have been requested
before.  If you know the football game is about to start on another channel
but want to finish watching Trading Spaces which happens to be playing live
15min delayed, just change channels, the osd pops up and shows the channel
change but trading spaces keeps on truckin' then blips over to the beginning
of the football game in progress when it ends.  Kinda neat :)