[mythtv] Re:DVB alpha-0.4

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Tue Sep 9 16:46:00 EDT 2003

So nearly time for CVS? I have 0.4alpha installed and although yes it
definitely has problems and does cause segfaults it doesn't appear to
affect the rest of Myth in any way. I know you seem to prefer to keep it
out of there if possible though.

Would sure make it easier for others to try at least. Particularly when
you starting making small bug fixes it allows us to stay updated.

I'm in Australia and so far have recording essentially working (although
it will record only one program - it needs mythbackend to be restarted)
and channel changing works. Some of my channels it doesn't like but that
_appears_ to be more driver related. I'm using a Hauppauge Nova-T card.

There are the seek problems which you have apparently fixed.

Myth does seem to have issues with playing back a file that is still
being recorded.

Why does the archive have the mc-dvb.mc file which creates a whole new
database? Is that just to help prevent people trashing their database? I
didn't ever use that file and still managed to get something going quite
well.

Keep up the good work. You're getting very close to something that's
24/7 useable IMO.

CH