[mythtv] ivtv settings patch

Chris B news at semperpax.com
Fri Sep 5 20:20:16 EDT 2003

What about:

- Leave the Profile setup screen as it is
- Remove all hard-coded profile name in the code ("Default", "Live TV",
"Transcode")
- Add 2 db fields to the "capturecard" table ("LowRecProfile" -
"HighRecProfile") pointing to arbitrary profiles
- Add a new setup screen as to associate the high/low fields to profiles
per capture card and to specify the "default" transcode profile (that
leaves an open path to allow specifying the transcode profile at will,
even though I agree that will probably be hard work. Anyway, I think
there should be more ways to schedule a transcode than the "X". I'm
testing now a simple patch for mythweb)
- Assume low profile for live TV and high profile for recordings (it
could be possible to add a shortcut to switch profiles in the middle of
a live session)
- Selecting a specific profile while scheduling a recording could also
then indirectly allow to specify which card to use (I find it quite
important to be able to choose which program will be recorded with my
crappy bttv and which one with the PVR, even if the least interesting
program comes first)

I don't know yet how the master/slave system work so I don't know if
everything is applicable.

- Chris -