[mythtv] Not every file is installed

Andy Preston andyp at dicombox.com
Fri Sep 5 09:42:30 EDT 2003

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>checkinstall is not a substitute for a properly maintained package.  There
>are already packages available for several popular distributions; is there
>some reason you didn't use those instead?

Yes, I use Slackware (Current) for which there are no packages. Besides,
if the make install is doing all it should, then there should be no
problems with packages generated by checkinstall. For something like the
running/merging of the .sql files I will probably do that by hand,
although there is no reason why I couldn't add in a pos-install script
to make it "a properly maintained package"

Andy