[mythtv] Not every file is installed

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 12:22:58 EDT 2003

Yes, but the main purpose of the install script/target is to prepare the
local system to be able to run the software.  Files that are not needed at
runtime and are not documentation should never be installed by an install
script; that just leads to crufty old useless files cluttering up your
system.  What you're talking about is more along the lines of building a
package for another system, which requires more effort.  Quite often package
builders/maintainers need to address more issues than just what files get
installed; this is why standard package mechanisms include pre- and
post-install script capability.

-JAC