[mythtv] Re:DVB alpha-0.4

Ian J. White ijwhite at totalise.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 23:13:55 EDT 2003

Kenneth,

Here's my progress with your patch after your help with he last set of
errors...

1. Yes I did have two DVB-T cards I'd taken one out and just fudged the
table entry to hide it.
2. Viewing now works fine except for the following errors:

- Changing channel when the signal changes causes a crash. e.g. when I
change from QAM16 to QAM64 (they also have different FEC settings)
- Recording of channels is also effected (by the above I think). When it
finished recording (and you are time shifting) it causes the backend to
segfault, the front end then gets a "invalid file descriptor" but
continues to play the file (myth locks up though).
- DVB-T stuff stills goes out of sync, would upgrading FFMPEG (libav*
stuff) help as the recent version has MPEG1/2 audio sync fixes. I tried
to integrate it into myth but it seems to no longer support MPEG2
decoding only MPEG2_XVMC what ever that is? I tried to hack about with
it but no joy.

Ian