[mythtv] Re:DVB alpha-0.4

Kenneth Aafloy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Wed Sep 3 20:13:28 EDT 2003

MessageIan Wrote:

> Also your cvs.sql is broken
> you change the column bandwidth to bandwith - its just a typo!.
Ahh, Edward gave me the heads up about this before my raid went
down. Thanks tho.

> Starting up as the master server.
> DVB#0 Using DVB card 0, with frontend Grundig 29504-401.
> DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel 1.
> DVB#0 Unsuported inversion option 'auto', falling back to 'off'
> DVB#0 Your frequency setting (730000000) is out of range. (min/max:0/0)

Seems your frontend driver does not give it's min/max values.
I can put a fix in for this, but a fix in the DVB driver is better.

> DVB#0 Frequency: 730000000.
> DVB#0 Waiting for frontend event after tune.
> DVB#0 Poll timed out waiting for frontend device, retrying.
> DVB#0 Poll timed out waiting for frontend device, retrying.
> DVB#0 Poll timed out waiting for frontend device, retrying.
> DVB#0 Poll timed out waiting for frontend device, retrying.
> DVB#0 Poll timed out waiting for frontend device, retrying.
> DVB#0 Poll timed out waiting for frontend device, retrying.

This took way to long, are you using dvb-kernel?
If so, switch to DVB, it's mucho faster.

> DVB#0 Status: CARRIER | VITERBI | SIGNAL | SYNC | LOCK.
> DVB#0 Opening DVB frontend device failed!
> DVB#0 Opening DVB frontend device failed!

Do you have multiple dvb cards with videodevice set to '0'?

# mysql
mysql> connect mythconverg
mysql> select * from capturecard;

> 2003-09-03 17:28:36 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
> 2003-09-03 17:28:38 Found changes in the todo list.

> Hope this helps,

Yea, sure it does!

Kenneth