[mythtv] DVB alpha-0.4

Kenneth Aafloy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Wed Sep 3 18:41:15 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:

> Comparing to the last version I edited:
>     * dvbchannel
>           o You removed the Close() function. Makes no sense to me. It's
It was meant as a suggestion on how to remove that ever confusing needopen
and dontclose remarks in tv_rec.

>           o In my patch, I used |const QString&| instead of |QString|.
Trivial and does not break anything anymore, removed the column++.

>           o Why are Tune(), PrintChannelOptions() and CheckChannel() now

>           o     while (true)
What task is active in the event of a channelchange?

>     * dvbrecorder
>           o Again, 3rd time: If you copy code, please add a comment
If we should add comments such as that every time we copy some code from
the libdvbdev or libavcodec, the code would have been bloated with comments.
He gets credits at the top.

>           o                  if (pid_ipack.find(pid) == pid_ipack.end())
Then they should read up on map, like I had to do.

>           o     pid_string = "Setting pids: Audio(";
>             +        GEN(QString(" %1 (type %2)").arg(this_pid).arg(type));
Argument type is a enum....

>           o You remove #ifdef USING_DVB, and I don't see changes to the
No, didn't want to bother with this until final checkin...

>           o You removed
In Close().

>     * dvbchannel
>           o Do you clear the |tuning| property somewhere during channel
Every value for the active dvb type is overwritten.

>           o Correspondingly:
>                     prev_tuning.params.frequency = tuning.params.frequency;
No, there's a union in there that got it confused I think.

>           o Before checkin, it would be nice, if you could clean up the
Trivial.

>     * dvbrecorder
>             Was the error msg useless?
Probably not, I'll think of a nice solution for all of them.

> BTW: Once the code is in CVS, please don't continue to re-arrange stuff
I intend to hold off DVBCam & DVBSection for this reason, that they
need some light rebuilding to make them usable.

Thanks for looking over it.

Kenneth