[mythtv] Re:Transcoding pvr-250 files

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:41:18 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 09:44:30 +0200, "Tobias Blomberg
blomman-at-ludd.luth.se |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <6v79hjupwp0t at sneakemail.com>
said:
> The only issue is that the total time has been cut in half (about 1h) and
> the
> playback time is increased 1 second every 2 seconds. I timed it and after
> two
> real minutes the timer said exactly one minute.

Here is a patch that will fix your and Vinton's problems with the
displayed time being off.  It may also slightly affect the time of
MPEG4/RTJPEG files that were transcoded with the 'X' key.  The problem
was that the encoder expects frame numbers to be twice as big as what I
was feeding it (this likely has to do with interlacing, though I'm not
sure).  This would affect anytime when a frame was reencoded and a
key-frame was set.  However, it shouldn't have caused any noticable
issues except fro PVR250 guys.

The patch also conatins a minor update to keys.txt to be more accurate.

Vinton, I have no idea why your .nuv files are too big.  I haven't been
able to reproduce that on my system so far.  Mine come out exactly the
size I expect.  I'll dig into it more, but if you could send me the
results of entering mysql and doing the following, it might be useful:
use mythconverg
select codecparams.* from codecparams,recordingprofiles where
codecparams.profile = recordingprofiles.id and recordingprofiles.name =
"Transcode";
select * from recordingprofiles where name = "Transcode";

Isaac, please apply.  Also, I'm not sure why you moved the GetFrame()
from the bottom to the top of the while loop in the transcoder.  This
causes one frame to be dropped, and starts the frame number at 1 instead
of 0 (which will force an adjustment while using the fifos).  I put it
back the way it was (since there is already a GetFrame outside the loop
which initializes the results).  If there was a good reason for this
change, please let me know what it was.

Thanks,
.Geoff