[mythtv] Debugging MythMusic?

Henrik (Mauritz) Johnson henrik at spinbox.se
Mon Sep 1 20:58:21 EDT 2003

Oscar Carlsson wrote:

>Hello Henrik,
>
>Monday, September 1, 2003, 6:32:57 PM, you wrote:
>
>HMJ> Being kind of new to MythTV. Is there a way to debug the software on a
>HMJ> computer without any capture card. I'm especially interrested in
>HMJ> debugging and running MythMusic standalone, is that posible.
>
>Shouldn't  be  any  problems running MythFrontend and then MythMusic without the
>backend. As far as I know, MythMusic doesn't use the backend.

But the frontend needs the backend and the backend needs a capture card,
or am I missing something. When I tries to start the backend without a
capture card it complains about no card. I do a lot of my opensource
coding on my laptop waiting at airports so using a remote backend isn't
an option in this case.

/Mauritz
Underscore AB