[mythtv] Usage video filters in mythtv..?

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu Oct 30 16:43:46 EST 2003

Hello all.

>From the recent messages on this list I became aware that there are
filters that can be specified, seemingly on a per channel basis. I have
tried to set some via mythweb (not quite the latest CVS, though) and
directly in MySQL, updating the 'videofilters' column to contain e.g.
denoise3d, but sometime after setting these values they return to NULL
again, possibly during mythfilldatabase importing data (I am using the
--update flag, though..?).

So, my question is basically: Am I doing this right, given the current
state of flux in the filters? If not, what is the 'right' way?
As far as I can tell the filters are not documented anywhere, just a
blurb in AUTHORS and some messages on this list mentioning them...

If I am doing it correctly, is it not a bug that the filters are reset
to NULL, whether it's because of mythfilldatabase or not?

/Martin.