[mythtv] debian woody & mythmusic

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Tue Oct 28 17:07:41 EST 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:37:09AM +1000, Matt Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:35, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > As explained on the page associated with those packages, this is exactly
> > the reason why there aren't any binary packages of mythmusic for woody.
>
> Sorry Matt, I presumed they weren't there because you had no interest etc.
> BTW:I don't think http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/woody/mythtv/
> mentions anything about mythmusic, video or dvd.

Hmm, there used to be.  I've added it back, thanks.

> > Why would you want 1.0.4?  1.1.0 is available in Debian testing and
> > unstable.
>
> I was looking for 1.0.4 because 1.1.0 depends on nasm and g++ versions that
> aren't in stable. I was hoping that 1.0.4 didn't.

FLAC 1.0.4 required a recent version of nasm also.  It didn't specify a
build-dependency on it because it was not tested with an older nasm at the
time:

The g++ dependencies are due to the C++ ABI transition, and it would be a
huge mess to change that stuff, which is why I haven't done it.

--
 - mdz