[mythtv] New profile group bugs

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Oct 26 15:20:31 EST 2003

There is a bug in the GUI for new profile groups. To reproduce:

Go to mythfrontend Setup->TV Settings->Recording Profiles.

Choose "(Create new profile group)".

Enter group name "test" then click "Finish". The page is titled
"test" with the four profile names.

Press enter. The page title says "test->Profile" and the
"Profile name:" field is blank. (I'm not sure what would happen
if params were set at this point).

Press ESC twice. There should now be an entry for "test (host)"

Select "test (host)". The group creation page appears again
but I don't believe this should happen.

Press enter. This returns to the profile group page rather than
the list of profiles.

Select "test (host)" again. Modify the name to be "test1" then
press enter. (this modifies the 'name' field of the existing
entry in the 'profilegroups' table). The page is titled "test1"
with the four profile names but they are not in the usual order.

Select "Default". The page title correctly says "test1->Default->
Profile" and the "Profile name:" field shows "Default".

I think there are two bugs here. First, if the list of profiles
should be presented immediately after a new profile group is
created, the group name and profile names need to be set properly.
However, I believe that clicking "Finish" from the group creation
page should go back up to the list of groups then the user should
select the newly created group name to edit the profiles.

Second, the group creation page should not appear when selecting
a custom group. It should go to the list of profiles just like the
pre-defined profile group names.

And finally, a feature request. There should probably be a way
for the user to remove a custom profile group and its entries in
recordingprofiles and codecparams.

--  bjm