[mythtv] Patch: (was: How do I use an "&" in ui.xml?)

Fri Oct 24 11:59:28 EDT 2003

> > Can I just highlight one feature of the patch that I'm unsure about.  Where
> > mythfilldatabase code is looking for category info of the form "movie", it
> > appears to only do this at the moment if this is the *second* category tag
> > for this program.  I'm not quite sure why this is and it is possibly
> > leveraging something specific to the tv_grab_na grabber perhaps?
>
> It's something for Ben Bucksch's tv_grab_de alternate, I believe -- but, I've
> left this part of the patch out, as I think it'd break the movie detection
> further down in the function that tv_grab_na uses.

Hi Ben,

Can you comment on this please?

The relevant lines are in parseProgram and basically I have removed the "else" so that both "if" statements run each time.

I'm not clear whether any grabbers are returning category type info, so this would mean that it would always fill in category info for stuff where the first category was one of "movie", "series", etc

If this is uk_rt grabber specific then I will look at patching the grabber and changing the code accordingly.

Thanks

  if (pginfo->category == "")
  {
     pginfo->category = cat;
  }
  if (cat == "movie" || cat == "series" || cat == "sports" ||
      cat == "tvshow" || cat == "Film")
      /* Hack until we have the new XMLTV DTD with category
         "system"s.
      I can't use a new tag, because I'd then
      be incompliant with the (current) XMLTV (I think),
      unless I use XML namespaces etc., and it's category
      info after all, just formalized and narrow. */
  {
      if (pginfo->catType == "")
          pginfo->catType = cat;
  }