[mythtv] ESC while displaying CC

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Oct 22 14:33:35 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2003 12:46 am, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>This may have introduced a minor bug:
>>
>>            if (osd && osd->Visible())
>>            {
>>                ChannelClear();
>>                osd->HideAll();
>>                return;
>>            }
>>
>>Start playback and press "T". While closed caption text is
>>displayed, press ESC. The text is cleared from the screen
>>rather than bringing up the exit menu. If ESC is pressed
>>while no text is being displayed or after pressing "T"
>>again, the exit menu is shown as expected.
>

> Heh, yeah.  Almost everything I record these days is with the pvr-x50, so I
> haven't thought about CC support in ages.

...or driver stability, 2.4.22 kernel compatibility, commercial
flagging behavior, audio relibility, chroma correction and color
reproduction, relative file size, etc., etc. (tho the list is
getting shorter).

That tidbit aside ;-), now that I'm aware of what is happening,
I'm finding other instance where this is annoying. For example,
cue a spot to save and exit. FF/Rew to find the spot then ESC.
Playback continues until the second ESC but then it's too late.
I actually thought my remote and wireles keyboard were going bad
and not sending all the keystrokes so I changed all the batteries
before I figuered out what was going wrong.

On the plus side, hitting ESC while entering a errant channel
number is a good thing and clearing the picture controls without
waiting for the timeout is nice but not that important.

I'm hoping the author will find a way to make this ESC behavior
more selective about when it is intercepted and when it is allowed
to bring up the exit menu.

--  bjm